Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the most common form of sexual dysfunction affecting men today. As a matter of fact, around 52 percent of men experience some form of ED. Understanding what erectile dysfunction is, and what causes it, is the first step towards effective treatment.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED), or impotence, is when you are unable to achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for intimate activity. Ignoring the condition, triggers physical frustration, emotional stress and can lead to failed relationships. Vitality Medical Center understands the mental and physical health costs this condition can accrue. So, we offer our patients the most current, advanced therapies available to treat erectile dysfunction without surgery or risky medications.
Understanding the Causes Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
The underlying causes for erectile dysfunction are due to both mental and physical variants. But, they typically fall into three main categories: 1) hormonal imbalance; 2) restricted penile blood flow; and 3) anxious emotional state.
At Vitality Medical Center, we address the three categories mentioned above to treat the cause(s) and help restore patients’ sexual vigor and energy.
Common impotence causes include:
- Prostate problems
- Low testosterone
- Side effects of medications
30 million men are affected by erectile dysfunction. However, how and why these men are suffering from the condition differs. As a result, at Vitality Medical Center we prescribe a treatment plan that is driven by what you and your partner want and need.
What to Expect During Your Consultation
During your private consultation with one of Vitality Medical Center’s medical providers, we will thoroughly listen to what you are experiencing. Your personalized impotence treatment plan will be created after we have assessed your full medical history and gathered information via testing.
Seeking treatment for erectile dysfunction will help you regain sexual confidence in just one appointment. Here’s what to expect during your confidential and comprehensive ED consultation:
- Privacy. Your consultation will take place in a private room with one of our highly-trained Vitality Medical Center specialists.
- Discretion. You and your specialist will discuss your medical history. Also, you will have the opportunity to discuss any unique symptoms or other factors that may affect intimacy between you and your partner.
- Testing. An effective treatment plan requires as much information as we can gather about you. A full work-up, will occur to evaluate your condition and match you to the best treatment strategy.
- Options. A combination of treatment options will be suggested and discussed to determine which will be most effective.
ED Treatment Options
Vitality Medical Center offers non-surgical, non-pharmaceutical treatment options for ED. Successful, long-term success with ED treatment is unique for each individual. First, we determine what are the primary causes of your symptoms. Then, we work with you to develop a treatment plan that incorporates one, or a combination, of the following therapies:
- Hormone Replacement Therapy. The gradual loss of testosterone begins in the early 30s, approximately 1% per year. Restoring your proper levels of testosterone returns sexual function and erections, increases libido, enhances energy and mood, improves muscle mass and lowers cholesterol (and your risk for heart disease).
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT). Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) incorporates high frequency sound waves to separate/dismantle blood-vessel plaque. As a result, the development of new blood vessels and improved blood flow can occur.
- Injection Therapy. Penile injections can be self-administered in the privacy of your home. They help treat ED and impotence by improving blood flow to the penis, producing firmer erections.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy. PRP has a much higher concentration of platelets than regular blood. The Priapus Shot, or P-Shot, injects this high concentration of platelets into your penis to make the tissue and blood vessels healthier. The P-Shot is a quick, in-office procedure.
- External pumps. A vacuum constriction device (VCD) is an external pump with a band on it that can be used to maintain an erection.
- Peptide Therapy. Bremelanotide peptide shown in studies to provide clinically significant libido-enhancing effects in both men and women. Bremelanotide is a cutting-edge treatment that may be beneficial for patients with low libido, including men suffering from erectile dysfunction.
Once the physical issues of your ED are addressed, you can have long-term sexual health and confidence. Call Vitality Medical Center today to schedule a private erectile dysfunction treatment consultation. Restore your sexual satisfaction and eliminate conditions impacting your sexual and total body health.